Since 1926, Windes has served nonprofit organizations’ accounting needs, including educational, social services, and religious organizations as well as hospitals, trade associations, community action agencies, social clubs, and private foundations. We provide charities in Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Orange County with extensive expertise in nonprofit accounting, nonprofit bookkeeping, taxes, audits, and management consulting services required to maintain tax-nonprofit status, avoid the imposition of any excise taxes, and help organizations run effectively. Windes is committed to nonprofit organizations, demonstrated in the specialized nonprofit accounting and nonprofit bookkeeping knowledge we provide. Our partners and management staff serve in various capacities within numerous community organizations throughout the Los Angeles area.
Windes has a commitment to supporting the Los Angeles community that goes beyond the professional services we provide. To see a sampling of our engagement, view our Community Involvement webpage.
Accounting for nonprofit organizations in Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Orange County is an essential part of our business. We continually train our staff to deliver the following bookkeeping services specific to the nonprofit organization sector.
In addition to our core audit and tax services, we offer the following for nonprofit organizations:
- Budgets and cash flow projections
- Calculation of public support test for public charities
- Consultation regarding unrelated business income, public disclosure requirements, reporting requirements for charitable donations, and fund-raising events
- Employee benefit services
- Evaluation of internal accounting control systems
- Management of federal and state audits
- Presentations regarding good governance requirements
- Protection of tax nonprofit status
- Tax planning and consulting for private foundations
For more information, please contact:
Lance Adams, CPA (Audit & Assurance)
Donald L. Allen, CPA (Tax & Accounting)
Michael Barloewen, CPA, CGMA (Audit & Assurance)
Tom Huey, CPA (Audit & Assurance)
Donita Joseph, CPA, MBT (Accounting & Tax)
Ron Kulek, CPA (Audit & Assurance)
Robin K. Massingale, CPA, MST (Tax & Accounting)