When it is time to hand off your business to a successor, strategic planning can make all the difference. Like a well-run relay, the race to succession involves months of preparation, intense training, a sound strategy, and a drive to succeed. Winning the gold medal means securing your future and the future of your company.
Windes can help you run and win the business transition race. We specialize in business succession planning and wealth transition strategies for privately held businesses. Our professionals will help you develop and implement a business succession plan that will promote family harmony, avoid potential power struggles and costly disruptions, and create estate and income tax savings.
Our services include:
- Goal assessment
- Assistance in choosing and grooming a successor
- Identification of strategies for transforming ownership to family members, including:
- Selling stock
- Stock redemption
- Selling assets
- Identification of options for transferring ownership to unrelated shareholders and partners, including:
- Redemption agreements
- Cross-purchase agreements
- Buy/sell agreements
- Liquidation agreements
- Analysis of the funding of the transfer
- Analysis of employee leveraged buyouts and ESOPs
- Business valuation
- Estate planning
- Wills and trusts
Windes has a unique commitment to provide succession planning services. We understand privately held businesses and their unique personalities and needs. We are experienced in dealing with businesses of various sizes and degrees of complexity. We will work closely with you and your advisors to provide the required expertise and balanced communication needed to ensure the successful implementation of your goals.
For more information, please contact: