John joined Windes in 1981 and is the firm’s managing partner. He also serves as president of the firm’s Board of Directors. Prior to being elected managing partner, John served as the chairman of the Tax & Accounting Services department.
John specializes in family succession planning, consulting to high-net-worth individuals, estate and gift tax planning, analysis and selection of business entities, mergers and acquisitions consulting, tax factors and implications related to business dissolution, multi-state taxation issues and planning, and tax strategies involving real property transactions.
John serves a wide variety of clients in real estate, distribution, manufacturing, and professional services.
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
Master of Science, Taxation
Golden Gate University, San Francisco
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Baker Tilly International Liaison
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants, Committee on Government Relations; Political Action Committee
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Long Beach, Board Member Emeritus and Past President (1997-1999)
- Fisher House Southern California, Volunteer
- Long Beach Symphony Association, Board Member and Past President (2011-2014)
- Loyola Marymount University Accounting Advisory Board, Chair