John joined Windes in 1981 and is a partner in the firm’s Tax department. He currently serves on the firm’s Board of Directors.
Most recently, John served as the firm’s managing partner from June 2009 until May 2020. Prior to being elected managing partner, John served as chairman of the Tax department for 16 years.
John specializes in family succession planning, consulting to high-net-worth individuals, estate and gift tax planning, analysis and selection of business entities, mergers and acquisitions consulting, tax factors and implications related to business dissolution, and tax strategies involving real property transactions.
John serves a wide variety of clients in real estate, distribution, manufacturing, and professional services.
Service SpecializationBusiness EntityEstate & TrustIndividual Tax Return PreparationSuccession Planning
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
Master of Science, Taxation
Golden Gate University, San Francisco
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Long Beach, Emeritus Board Member
- Long Beach Symphony Association, Board Member and Past President (2011-2014)
- Loyola Marymount University Accounting Advisory Board, Past Chair (2015-2018)