The personal information that we collect about individuals in connection with providing financial products and services for personal, family or household use is protected by existing federal and state privacy laws, including the federal Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 (also known as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act).
California residents have additional rights over the personal information that we collect that is not already protected by existing federal privacy law (“California Personal Information”). We want you to know what California Personal Information we collect about you, the rights you have with respect to that information, and how you can exercise those rights.
What California Personal Information have we collected about you in the last 12 months, why do we collect it, and who have we shared it with?
When you hire Windes to provide tax, accounting and advisory services: We collect information necessary to provide you with the services you have requested. This includes your contact information, professional and educational information, income, financial records, and other information, depending on the services requested. We may share your information with experts or others who provide services for us. When you pay for our services, we collect your bank information to process the payment. We share this information with our bank.
When you visit our offices or attend our events: We collect video images of persons in our office parking structure and in some of our buildings locations. We use this information to maintain the safety and security of our premises, systems, employees and guests, and to detect and prosecute security incidents. We may share this information with our security personnel. Additionally, we may take your photograph when you attend events that we host. We use your photograph to provide you and us with a souvenir. We may share your photograph with film developers or our web content manager, and may post photos on our website or in our newsletter.
When you sign up to receive information from us or use our “Contact Us” form: We collect your name, title, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number and your business affiliations. We use this information to communicate with you, to provide you with the information that you have requested from us, and for relationship management and marketing purposes. We share your contact information with our service providers who manage our website and distribute our newsletters and communications. You may opt out of our mailing list at any time by clicking here.
When you apply for a job with us or become our employee. We provide you with information about the categories of information we collect and what we do with that information in a separate Notice at Collection of Personal Information, and in our Staff Manual.
Have we sold your information in the last 12 months?
No. We do not, and will not, sell your personal information.
Do we collect personal information of minors under the age of 17?
No. We are accountants. Our services are not designed for and are not marketed to minors. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from minors, and we do not knowingly allow minors to use our website. If you are a minor, please do not sign up for our newsletters or alerts, and please do not send us any information about yourself. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor without verified parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have collected information from or about a minor, please contact us at https://windes.com/contact-us/.
Do we sell personal information of minors under the age of 17 without affirmative authorization?
What rights do you have regarding California Personal Information that we have collected in the last 12 months?
Right to Know: You have the right to request that we inform you of (1) the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you, (2) the categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected, (3) the business or commercial purpose for collecting the California Personal Information, (4) the categories of third persons to whom we disclosed each category of California Personal Information for a business purpose; and (5) the business or commercial purpose for which we disclosed the California Personal Information. You also have the right to request that we inform you of the specific pieces of California Personal Information we have collected about you. We have the right to deny your request in certain circumstances.
Right to Request Deletion of California Personal Information: You have the right to request that we delete California Personal Information that we have collected from you. We have the right to deny your request to delete in certain circumstances.
Right to Nondiscrimination. You have the right to not be denied goods or services or charged different prices because you have exercised your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
You may submit a request to know or a request to delete California Personal Information by calling 844.4WINDES, or 844.494.6337, or by completing the interactive web form accessible here or at https://windes.com/contact-us/
How do we verify your request to know or request to delete California Personal Information?
Before we can grant your request to know or delete California Personal Information, we will verify your identity.
- A Windes relationship partner may call you at a telephone number that is known to us, to confirm that you have submitted a request.
- If you submit a request to know categories of California Personal Information that we have collected about you, we will verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty. This means that we will match at least two pieces of personal information provided by you with personal information maintained by us, which we have determined are reliable for the purpose of verifying your identity. In some instances, there is no reasonable method by which we can verify the identity of the consumer to the degree required. This is the case, for example, when you visit our website. In that circumstance, we collect your IP address and other information as described above (“When You Visit Our Website”), but we do not associate this information with any named actual person or account.
- If you submit a request to know specific pieces of California Personal Information that we have collected about you, we will verify your identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty. This means that we will match at least three pieces of personal information provided by you with personal information maintained by us, together with a signed declaration under penalty of perjury from you stating that you are the individual whose personal information is the subject of the request.
- If you submit a request to delete California Personal Information we have collected from you, the manner in which we will verify your identity will depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the risk of harm to the individual by its unauthorized deletion. If the personal information is not sensitive, we will match at least two pieces of personal information provided by you with personal information maintained by us, which we have determined are reliable. If the personal information is sensitive, we will match at least three pieces of personal information provided by you with personal information maintained by us, together with a signed declaration, under penalty of perjury, that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
More information about requests to know and requests to delete California Personal Information:
- We are not obligated to respond to a request to know California Personal Information submitted by the same individual more than twice in 12 months.
- If we cannot verify that the person submitting a request to know California Personal Information is the person about whom we have collected information, we are not obligated to provide information in response to the request to know.
- In responding to a request to know specific pieces of California Personal Information, we will not disclose an individual’s Social Security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, health insurance or medical identification number, account password, or security questions and answers.
- If we cannot verify that the person submitting a request to delete California Personal Information is the person from whom we have collected information, we will deny the request to delete.
Can your authorized agent submit a request to know or delete California Personal Information on your behalf?
Yes. If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete personal information, we will require that you (1) provide your authorized agent with written permission to submit a request to know or to delete California Personal Information on your behalf, and (2) verify your identity with us, using the methods described above. We may deny a request from an agent who fails to submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Can other parties collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website?
Does Windes respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals?
No. We do not track visitors to our website over time or across third-party websites or online services.
What if you link to another website from www.windes.com?
Our website contains links to websites that are controlled by third parties, for instance Quick Fee, AICPA (the American Institute of CPAs), the California Society of CPAs, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the California Franchise Tax Board, the Internal Revenue Service, the Social Security Administration, and others. These links are provided to you as a convenience, and we are not responsible for them. Please be aware that other websites have their own privacy policies, and their data gathering practices may be different from ours. You should carefully review the privacy policies of each website you visit to understand how each website collects and uses information.
Contact for more information:
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, you may contact us at https://windes.com/contact-us/ or 844.494.6337. Alternatively, you may contact us at:
3780 Kilroy Airport Way, Suite 600
Long Beach, CA 90806
August 2, 2020.`