CFO Plans For Your Business
An Outsourced CFO or Fractional Chief Financial Officer is a part-time CFO for small- to mid-size companies. It is a cost-effective way for businesses to utilize the services of a strategic financial professional, without the commitment or costs of hiring a full-time employee.
Outsourced CFO Plans
Connect with Windes for an Outsourced CFO plan for your business.
The Role of a CFO is Critical to Your Business Growth
Fractional CFOs most commonly partner with companies to help overcome financial challenges, achieve growth, optimize strategy, implement financial systems and rigor, raise capital, or navigate an audit or transaction.
Achieve your business goals with a progressive financial plan designed and executed by your Fractional CFO advisor. A growing company requires professional financial management to thrive. Windes provides tailored advice at a fraction of the expense of hiring a full-time employee, but with all the expertise, systems, and processes needed to support your company’s growth.
Many bootstrap startups begin with a part-time bookkeeper and simple bookkeeping systems, only later to discover that they cannot sustain additional business growth and complexity with their current accounting operations. Systems, resources, processes, and strategies must also progress in sophistication as a company grows.
Scale As You Grow
Windes provides Outsourced CFO services customized to your business needs, providing the financial expertise essential to accelerate growth. A Fractional CFO can work alongside existing employees, such as your in-house accountant, controller, accounts payable, and receivables staff. If you prefer a more customized approach, Windes will partner with you to address your objectives.
Fractional CFOs can help with cost-effective expertise that grows with the business:
- Implement systems that will support sustainable growth
- Improve visibility and analytical capabilities to convert large amounts of data into actionable information
- Explore causes of revenue leakage, cost overruns, and operational friction in a growing business and develop potential solutions
Specific Chief Financial Officer Duties
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Cash flow issues
- Establishing and tracking key business performance indicators (KPIs)
- Operational expertise
- Project management – accounting or finance
- Compensation plan oversight
- Financial statement preparation and analysis
- Business plan development
- Capital Sourcing
- Evaluating business opportunities
- Participate in board meetings
- Mapping business process objectives
- System migration and upgrades
- Navigating an audit
- Helping with strategic relationships
- Competitor and market analysis
- Analyzing term sheets and contracts
- Overseeing acquisition, merger, or sales due diligence
Your Financial Partner
Windes’ Outsourced CFOs can assist in optimizing and implementing a more proactive financial strategy. While many financial professionals such as bookkeepers, accountants, and controllers are tasked with keeping past and current finances organized and well-documented, our CFO’s focus on the future.
A Fractional CFO will help you achieve your goals. Growing a business requires strategic use of capital. For many Outsourced CFOs, one of their most important contributions is to provide a financial forecast that will act as a blueprint to achieve growth in the most efficient, accelerated, and sustainable way possible.
With a short-term (next 90 to 180 days), mid-term (six months to two years), and long-term (next two to five years) view of the business, a company can better anticipate its trajectory and cash position and requirements. A Fractional CFO can make it easier for the company’s leadership to manage through the lean times, help determine when, and how, to secure loans or investments, anticipate future owner compensation, and help plan and prioritize future business decisions.
Windes is committed to customizing a plan to fit your needs.
Guy Nicio, CPA. MST
Partner – Chairman Tax