Dear Valued Clients and Friends,
The world finds itself in an unprecedented time filled with anxiety, stress, and concern. We hope that you and your family are healthy and safe.
Thank you for your flexibility and patience as we work together during the COVID-19 pandemic. As the situation surrounding COVID‑19 rapidly evolves, we want to assure you that Windes is committed to providing you with seamless and uninterrupted service, as we continue to maintain our operations and protect our employees and communities.
Most of our team members are working remotely to protect the health and safety our team, their families, and the community. We are utilizing every form of communication available to us and to you – phone, email, video conferencing, secure file transfers, the Windes portal, mail/delivery with tracking services, and faxes to facilitate the flow of information. We utilize secure and innovative technology both in the office and at remote locations to assure secure transmission of that information.
Here are some important things that you should know:
IRS filing deadline: The Treasury Department has extended the April 15 deadline to file returns and to pay taxes to July 15. The Treasury is scheduled to announce more information about these extensions within a few days. As soon as the information is released, we will share it with you.
California deadlines: The Franchise Tax Board has extended both the filing and payment deadline to July 15 for those impacted by COVID-19. Click here to view more details.
Sending documents electronically: Electronic delivery of materials is the preferred and the safest method to send data to us. See below for instructions. We will utilize electronic delivery for transmitting completed returns and estimates.
Transmission of information can be through email, fax (562-684-4749), Send This File, or the Windes Portal (for those who have a portal agreement). The last three methods are secure. The last two methods can also be accessed at our website (windes.com) in the footer, at the bottom of each page, under Secure File Transfer or Windes Portal.
- Please do not send confidential information, such as SS#, date of birth, etc., via email. We strongly encourage you to use one of the three secure methods listed above to transmit private information to Windes.
- Incoming direct mail and faxes will be monitored. For faxes, please use a cover sheet and indicate the intended recipient.
- To utilize Send This File, follow the instructions below:
- Click the following link to access the Windes Send This File site: Send This File
- Step 1: Enter your email address
- Step 2: Enter recipient’s email address. Separate multiple email addresses by a comma.
- Step 3: Enter the Subject and Message.
- Step 4: Upload your file(s). Up to 12 are available at one time.
- Step 5: Click “Send This File.”
In addition, we are always available by phone through our toll-free number 844.4WINDES (844.494.6337) or direct dial.
We have a task force and leadership team who are working tirelessly to ensure that we are prepared for any contingency in serving you during these challenging times.
We want to encourage you to stay informed of things that you can do to keep yourself and your family safe using reliable sources. For your convenience, we have provided the links below, as well as this CDC informational sheet.
- Employer-paid sick leave
- Employer-paid family leave benefits
- Employer tax credits
If you have questions and would like to contact Windes regarding information contained in this memo, or your specific tax situation, please contact us at email@example.com or toll free at 844.4WINDES (844.494.6337).