Whether you are just beginning your career or heading in a new direction, we know you have many choices. Windes can offer the experience and environment you need to thrive and reach your professional goals.
Our long-standing reputation is built on our guiding principles of integrity, independence, continued improvement, and professional excellence. Since 1926, our focus has been on always doing the right thing.
Small Firm Feel, Large Firm Benefits
No need to choose between a large, national firm and a smaller, more close-knit organization. At Windes, we offer the best of both worlds. You will gain depth, experience, and training often associated with national firms while enjoying flexibility, friendship, and being an integral member of our team.
At Windes, we strive for an environment that values people first, develops leaders, and promotes integrity, respect, trust, and professionalism. We pride ourselves on an environment that encourages teamwork, motivates employees to succeed, and cultivates individuals who are concerned with the welfare of their clients as well as the communities in which they live and work. We work hard, but taking time out to have fun and build relationships is also a significant part of our culture. An annual costume bowling tournament, annual firm party, end-of-tax-season party, and various sports teams are just some of the events and activities we provide.
Client Interaction and Work Diversity
We are counting on you to make a difference in our clients ’ businesses. You will have the chance to work on a variety of projects with key decision-makers and company owners in many different industries. You will receive excellent experience and the opportunity to establish long-lasting and meaningful personal, professional, and client relationships.
Training / Lifelong Learning
Professional development, to a great degree, is the key to the success and achievement of the individual and Windes. We encourage and pay for individuals to attend internal and external training, continuing professional education courses, and enrollment in MS, MBT, or MBA programs. In addition, the firm offers soft-topic training courses, such as sales and marketing, business writing, management, leadership, and more.
Work / Life Balance
Enjoying a balanced life not only makes you a better person, it makes you a better accountant. We understand that individuals have different work styles and family commitments. We are willing to develop flexible schedules that can accommodate an effective work/life balance and resulting successful career.
Windes offers a competitive career package, including employee benefits and incentives.
- Excellent, competitive compensation packages
- Superior insurance benefits (Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Long- & Short-term Disability)
- Company sponsored pension, profit sharing, and 401(k) plans
- Cafeteria plan with flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities for training and professional growth
- Education reimbursement programs and continuing professional education (CPE)
- Private or semi-private office for all levels of staff
- New client incentive
- Employee referral incentive
- CPA Exam (Time off and pay granted)
- Paid memberships for accounting societies and selected professional organizations
- Buddy, mentor and coaching programs
- Flexible time, Paid vacations and holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Open-door communication policy
- Annual company holiday party
- Annual tax season party
- Meals during tax season
- Employee recognition awards in client service and technical excellence
- Employee recognition, appreciation lunches, and gift cards