Since 1926, Windes’ focus has been on doing the right thing. Our long standing reputation is built on our guiding principles of integrity, independence, continued improvements, and professional excellence. We are regularly recognized as one of the “Best Accounting Firms to Work For” by Accounting Today. At Windes, we concentrate on recruiting and retaining the best people. We realize that our people are our greatest asset and we will provide you with the training, coaching, and professional development opportunities you need to be successful and excel in our profession.
Perform all duties as assigned in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. Respond to all clients and users of financial and payroll information with the highest level of service. Work as a member of the accounting team and directly with the Human Resources Department, Controller, Chief Financial Officer, and Managing Partner.
Responsible for accurate and timely processing bi-weekly, semi-monthly and special payrolls, including all functions necessary to ensure payroll is completed to the highest level of accuracy and integrity and in compliance with internal policies, procedures, and government regulations.
- Maintain the accuracy of the time and attendance system, including vacation and sick leave accruals.
- Implement employee payroll deductions and employee data changes in coordination with the Human Resources Department.
- Review and monitor payroll tax information and returns.
- Review and reconcile quarterly tax returns and W-2s to ensure accuracy and timely preparation by Payroll Service Provider.
- Prepare various payroll-related schedules and reports to support the needs of the organization, employees, and outside agencies, as well as for the financial audit, pension audits, and other special projects.
- Working with the Controller, assure all payroll activities are posted to the general ledger and payroll liability accounts are reconciled timely and accurately, including month-end and year-end accruals.
- Prepare verifications of employment and responses for third party requests.
- Responsible for initiating various payroll-related payments on a timely basis, including pension payments.
- Stay current with State & Federal employment law regulations, including FLSA regulations.
- Lead workers compensation, EDD, and other compliance audits.
- Maintain a consistent payroll file system for compliance, recordkeeping, and retention.
- Manage payroll process improvements and system upgrades.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Controller or Chief Financial Officer.
- BA/BS degree in accounting, business, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5+ years of payroll management experience is required.
- Certified Payroll Professional certification is required (Firm will pay for certification).
- Experience with Paylocity is highly desired.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel.
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable federal and multi-state wage and hour laws.
Email your résumé to Eileen Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in the subject line.