We are seeking a SALT Manager in either our Long Beach or Irvine office.
Candidate will assist our clients in competing and succeeding by staying up-to-date on the ever-changing, complex state and local tax rules. Candidate will specialize in solutions that span income tax, indirect tax, property tax, and tax controversy matters. Candidate will provide state and local tax consulting services on transactions, including due diligence, structuring and related services. Candidate will assist with the growth of this practice in the marketplace and across the firm. Candidate will participate and lead in business development and growth in State and Local Tax practice and provide leadership, management and supervision over professional staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required; emphasis in accounting, finance or related field preferred; Master’s Degree in taxation or JD/LLM preferred
- CPA, bar membership or equivalent credential required
- Minimum of 7 years of related tax experience required; public accounting experience preferred
- Previous experience performing tax research and providing technical advice on state and local tax issues required
- Ideal candidate excels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Previous experience handling multiple engagements simultaneously, while providing leadership and management over professional staff required
- Experience in state and local government revenue department a plus
- Experience with multi-state income, sales/use, gross receipts, property, employment or other miscellaneous state and local taxes a plus
- Prior success in leading key business development, project delivery and practice development activities preferred
- Demonstrate success to the firm around practice development, having an established network, and willingness to participate in various market activities, such as industry presentations, webcasts, professional networking events, etc.
- Experience in serving mid-market clients preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and have experience in managing multiple client engagements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Email your résumé to Eileen Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in the subject line.