Since 1926, Windes’ focus has been on doing the right thing. Our long standing reputation is built on our guiding principles of integrity, independence, continued improvements, and professional excellence. We are regularly recognized as one of the “Best Accounting Firms to Work For” by Accounting Today. At Windes, we concentrate on recruiting and retaining the best people. We realize that our people are our greatest asset and we will provide you with the training, coaching, and professional development opportunities you need to be successful and excel in our profession.
As an experienced accounting associate, you will be a valuable member on several diverse engagement teams. You will continue to grow your accounting knowledge with on-the-job technical training, using leading technology, as you collaborate daily in a dynamic team environment.
- Experience with financial statement preparation, review, and analytics
- Knowledgeable with reconciliations, A/R and A/P management
- Knowledgeable and capable of working in both the financial statements and detailed general ledger
- Strong command of assessing the need for and booking of AJEs using cash or accrual accounting methods
- Experience in sales tax, payroll and Forms 1099
Required Education and Experience:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Business or equivalent on-the-job experience
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Strong analytical, technical, and research skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Strong knowledge of various accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, Sage, Xero, NetSuite, Bill.com, MS Dynamics 365, etc.)
- Strong experience with PC based Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Adobe, PowerPoint
- Willing to work in office and at various local client offices as needed, and ability to quickly adapt to changing client and business dynamics
Email your résumé to Eileen Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in the subject line.