Jim has more than 25 years of experience in public accounting and is chairman of the firm’s Tax & Accounting Services department. He also serves on the Windes Board of Directors and is a member of the firm’s Corporate Governance Committee.
Jim specializes in analysis and selection of business entities, tax factors and implications related to business dissolutions, tax factors associated with inbound and outbound reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions consulting, multi-state taxation issues and planning, foreign parent and subsidiary compliance, and tax strategies involving real property transactions.
Jim serves a wide variety of clients in the manufacturing, real estate, wholesale fuel, logistics, and high-tech sectors, as well as high-net-worth individuals.
He has participated in various speaking engagements and has written articles on such topics as the benefits of captives, success-based fees, multi-state tax issues, California LLC issues, and S-Corporation taxation issues.
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Accounting
California State University, Long Beach
Master of Science, Taxation
Golden Gate University, San Francisco
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Memorial Medical Center Foundation, Past Executive Committee and Board Member
- North American International Tax Committee, Member
- Tax Practice Management Committee, Member
- New Hope Grief Support, Marathon Volunteer