Jim is the firm’s managing partner and serves on the Windes Board of Directors. In addition, he is also a member of the firm’s Corporate Governance Committee, and served as chairman of the firm’s Tax department from July 1, 2008 until May 31, 2020.
Jim joined Windes in 1991 and has 30 years of experience in public accounting. He specializes in analysis and selection of business entities, tax factors and implications related to business dissolutions, mergers and acquisitions consulting, and tax strategies involving real property transactions.
Jim serves a wide variety of clients in the manufacturing, real estate, wholesale fuel, logistics, and high-tech sectors, as well as high-net-worth individuals.
He has participated in various speaking engagements and has written articles on such topics as the benefits of captives, success-based fees, multi-state tax issues, California LLC issues, and S Corporation taxation issues.
Industry SpecializationReal Estate
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Accounting
California State University, Long Beach
Master of Science, Taxation
Golden Gate University, San Francisco
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Memorial Medical Center Foundation, Past Executive Committee and Board Member
- North American International Tax Committee, Member
- Tax Practice Management Committee, Member