Al has more than 45 years of experience in public accounting and is a partner in the firm’s Tax department. Before merging with Windes in 2020, Al was the Managing Partner of Smith, Linden & Basso, LLP, which he formed in 1977.
Al has been a financial and business consultant since 1973 and specializes in the areas of “proactive” business planning and consulting, structuring of mergers and acquisitions, tax planning for high-net-worth individuals and their businesses, business entity reorganization, restructuring and formation. His expertise with general business and transactional consulting and analysis, “deal” structuring, debt restructuring, and overall tax planning for corporations and high-net-worth individuals allows him to serve a wide variety of clients.
Al’s industry specialization includes real estate development and brokerage, professional service firms, medical practices, and wholesale and distribution companies.
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
University of Southern California, Magna Cum Laude
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Commerce National Bank, Former Board Director, Former Member of the Audit, Loan, and Strategic Planning Committees
- Harbor National Bank, Former Board Director, Former Member of the Audit and Loan Committees
- Marine National Bank, Former Board Director, Former Member of the Audit and Loan Committees
- America Heroes Tribute, Past Board Member
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Pacific South Coast Chapter, Top Fundraiser